Mental Wheels Foundation
The Mental Wheels Foundation Scholarship Programs are designed to support young Australians that have been confronted by a significant life challenge and therefore need support to deliver their true talent.
The Programs cover Sport and Music, which according to research, play an important role in overcoming mental challenges.
Mental Wheels Foundation Sports Scholarship:
The Mental Wheels Foundation Sports Scholarship is open to all those budding sports guys and girls who show promise in their chosen sport, however have been confronted with mental health barriers.
To be eligible to apply you need to be:
- Between the ages of 14 and 19.
- Someone who has been challenged by a life event that has had a significant effect on your ability to pursue your sports goals. You feel this scholarship would enable you to reach your potential.
- Currently living in Australia.
Duration of the Scholarship:
- The Scholarship runs for a 12-month period.
- Mentorship – 1 Australian Level coach or Olympic Athlete who will act as a mentor when required over the 12 months program.
- Personal Sessions – 3 one on one sessions (at various times over the 12-month period) by Australian Level coaches or Olympic Athletes.
- AIS Support – A 3 to 5 day live in program run at the Australian Institute of Sport, AIS – including accommodation at the AIS with full board.
- Kit – Sport specific kit bundle.
- If you believe you are the right fit for the Scholarship, or you know someone that is, we would love to hear from you.
- Please email us at – firstname.lastname@example.org with your nomination and a brief outline of why you believe you are the right recipient for this program.(no more than 350 words).
- Nominations close 30th November 2020.
- The Australian Institute of Sport (AIS).